So you are geared up with your waist trainer and ready to get that picture perfect waist. As you may know, waist training is no good without proper fitness and workout. But, what is the use of waist training, if you still have to lug it at the gym?
Well for one, working out while wearing a waist trainer, focuses your efforts towards the waist, the core muscles are all warmed up and your mid riff area produces more sweat than otherwise. All these factors work together to ensure that you get a thinner waste in lesser time. Now, without further ado- here are a few tips and tricks you can follow while exercising using a waist trainer to get maximum results.
- Use a corset that is designed specifically for sports. It would be made of a more breathable material than standard corsets, would also be higher up on your buttocks to allow for freer movements. It will help you utilize your corset to the fullest without cumbering your movement.
- Wear a tank top or any other fabric beneath your corset while working out. Make sure that the cloth is breathable and pulls the moisture away from your body. This is because your body generates more sweat while wearing a corset and when the skin comes in direct contact with the harsher material of the corset, especially during movement, there is a very likely chance of your skin getting chafed. Not only is it very uncomfortable, it would also hamper you in continuing with your exercise. Wearing something beneath the corset also helps in keeping the corset cleaner for a longer duration and even then makes its cleaning easier.
- Do not train your core muscles while wearing a corset. In fact do only those exercises that do not directly involve the abdominal muscles. Anything that does not require mid section mobility is good enough. So while you can run or jog while wearing a corset, crunches or leg raises are a bad idea. This is because the corset restrains the movement of the mid riff area and working on those muscles while wearing a corset works in the opposite direction. Not even stationary exercises like holding a plank should be attempted while wearing a corset. You should allow your core muscles to strengthen on their own while working out so that they can aid in the waist training and not be dependent on it.
- While waist training with a cincher, it is of supreme importance to monitor your breathing. Anytime you find it difficult to breathe, stop whatever you are doing immediately. Loosen your cincher by one setting if need be. Do not overlook your breathing; because a corset constrains your mid riff, it also limits the air supply from the lungs. Do not overexert yourself in such a situation.
- Because of the same reason avoid doing any high intensity cardio or any other work out that leads to increased heart rates. This is because while doing these exercises your body requires more than the normal amount of oxygen that you usually get. The lungs need to expand and absorb more oxygen to meet this increased demand. Constricting your body in such a situation not only hampers the workout but also puts your health at risk. Light exercises, like simple jogging can be done wearing a cincher because they warm up your body and wearing a cincher would warm up your core faster and produce more sweat. Make sure you take off your cincher before moving into the more intensive part of your workout.
- It is not advisable to wear your corset for more than 6-8 hours a day. As they say, excess of everything is bad. And corset training will definitely show longer lasting results in a while, wearing a corset 24 hours a day does not speed up the process in any way. Your body needs to breathe and the muscles need to relax, just like you need rest after an intensive workout for the muscles to repair.
- Although you can work out with the smallest setting of your cincher, do not push your limits. The waist cincher should fit you snugly while you work out, but it doesn’t mean that you tighten it to the point of being constricting. You must be able to breathe easily and move comfortably. Listen to your body, if you feel even a slight discomfort, loosen it by one setting or two and then carry on with your workout.
- Clean your waist cincher regularly. You should keep in mind that being a part of your fitness regime, it comes in contact with lot of sweat, and if left unattended would become a store house of bacteria. Not to mention the bad odor that would effectively keep you off the workout.
Working out with a waist trainer can speed up the process of losing weight around your mid section, but doing so should be done carefully and smartly, just like any other exercise. Hope these tips help you kick start your waist training and get results, fast.